Innovation in e-information - the UKeiG 2009 conference
UKeiG announces its 2009 Conference
Manchester Conference Centre
Tuesday 16 th June to Wednesday 17 th June 2009
The event will have a global appeal with a practical and engaging programme relevant to all information industry workers including information professionals, IT specialists, librarians, intranet or web managers and knowledge managers from the public and private sectors. Anybody who has to grapple with e-information issues on a daily basis is encouraged to attend.
The conference will provide a mix of reviewed papers and practical breakout sessions enabling delegates to tailor their conference experience to meet personal and organisational development needs. It will stimulate communication and the exchange of knowledge about electronic information and provide the opportunity to network, wine and dine in excellent social surroundings.
Why Attend the Conference?
There are many benefits to attending ‘Innovation in e-information', including:
- Exceptional and experienced speakers
- Relevant, practical and topical issues
- Up to the minute news and updates from key information industry players
- Focused breakout sessions with opportunities to explore issues in detail
What is the theme?
The two day conference will focus on:
- Where will intranets be in 2020?
- The future of e-publishing: emerging business models
- Understanding your clients: beyond the Google Generation
- Understanding the information workforce: changing roles and challenges for the information professional
- Intellectual property and legal compliance
- Innovations in Web 2.0 and search technologies for e-information services
A key social highlight of the conference will be a conference dinner where you will be wined and dined by the UKeiG management committee.
How to get involved
UKeiG is proud of its training and conference programme, built by a team of experienced information professionals and developed based upon your feedback and suggestions for development needs. We'd be delighted to hear from you with ideas for the conference as we work to complete the programme. Feel free to:
- Request to host a breakout session
- Sponsor us
- Join our Facebook group (simply go to Facebook and search for UKeiG)
Contact the Conference sub committee
If you would like further information as it becomes available, to register an interest in the event or wish to support the conference in any way please email firstname.lastname@example.org